This website is intended for the use of music teachers in Southeastern Mass communities. Students, parents, private teachers and other interested parties are welcome to use this site, however any questions you may have regarding SE District in your school should be directed to the appropriate music teacher.
Due to the low registrations for the Junior Auditions on December 4th, your Executive Board has made changes to the process that you need to know. Although the District WILL hold an in-person Junior Festival in March, auditions will now be VIRTUAL. At this time two years ago we had 800 students registered. This year there are just over 250. There will not be in-person auditions on December 4th in Marshfield.
Here are some other details:
1. Registration for virtual auditions is now open until January 7th at midnight. With the extended deadline we hope you will encourage many more of your students to audition.
2. Details on how to submit audition materials will be posted on the SEMMEA website in early December but it will be much the same as last year.
3. As previously stated, there will be no sight reading.4. Wind, percussion and string students should prepare the first half of the audition piece (i.e. if a piece is two pages just prepare the first page). Choral auditions will be the entire piece.
This decision was not reached lightly and the Board considered many options before deciding to go to virtual auditions. If you have any questions please reach out to me (email@example.com) or John Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Best regards and wishing you a restful Thanksgiving!
Bill RichterSEMMEA District Chairperson
Thank you all for a tremendous return to Senior Festival Auditions. It was great to see all of your students again! Senior results are now posted in your registration portal.
Please note the the fee for participating in Senior festival has increased to $30. This is reflected on your Festival Principal’s Form
Have a great holiday!
Please note that the Southeast District Executive Board has voted to proceed with in-person auditions for Senior and Junior District. We will work with both hosts to ensure that we have appropriate protocols in place to ensure social distancing and participant safety.
However, be prepared for virtual auditions, as we did last year, if any state guidelines change prior to the auditions.
The following dates have been secured for the 2021-2022 School Year:
- October 5 – General Membership Meeting, Fireside Grille
- November 20 – Senior Auditions, King Philip HS (subject to change)
- December 4 – Junior Auditions, Furnace Brook MS (subject to change)
- January 7-8 – Senior Festival, TBD
- March 11-12 – Junior Festival, TBD
Please take a moment and fill out the survey below for Bill and Jonathan Richter. The data collected will be presented at the upcoming MICCA Summer Institute. If you have any questions, please contact Bill Richter at email@example.com