This website is intended for the use of music teachers in Southeastern Mass communities. Students, parents, private teachers and other interested parties are welcome to use this site, however any questions you may have regarding SE District in your school should be directed to the appropriate music teacher.
A message from Sandy Doneski
Thank you for a productive meeting last evening. It is an honor to serve alongside you.
Below is information related to John Mlynczak’s presentation. A huge thanks to John for the work he is doing. How exciting to have engaged and passionate collegiates who can learn from John’s experience!
Please feel free to contact John with any questions you have and copy me so that I am aware of what he is working on, on behalf of the organization.
John’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Share Your Story survey landing page is at: http://www.massmea.org/who-tells-your-story
Please feel free to send out, share on Facebook and Twitter, and encourage people to respond.
MMEA Hill Day is Wednesday, January 17th. Anyone is invited to attend and please let John know so he can include people in the meeting schedule. The day will last from 8:30AM-4PM.
Plymouth Philharmonic High School Music Scholarship is awarded to a high school junior living within Plymouth County who intends to apply in the fall of senior year to a four-year music program majoring in music performance (instrumental or vocal,) music education, or music composition. The scholarship is given in the junior year to enhance a student’s application. The award of $2500 may include reimbursements for additional music lessons, master classes or workshops, summer music camp, travel costs to the aforementioned, purchase of better instrument or related equipment, or other such expenses to assist will be considered.
Visit http://www.plymouthphil.org/PageLinks3.asp for more information and application.
Arrival instructions for the SEMMEA composition clinic
Tonight’s composition clinic will be at Bourne High School at 5:00pm in room 14D. Students coming later can enter the school from the Trowbridge Rd entrance and park just past the busses in the parking lot on the right. They can then enter the building through the unmarked double doors around the corner from the “innovation studios” sign. Enter the building, go down the hall, make a right and down the hall is room 14D
Due to the impending storm affecting multiple schools through Friday, the Southeast District Senior Festival will take place on Saturday, January 6, 9:00-5:00 and Sunday, January 7, 9:00 through concerts. Concert times will remain the same: 1:00 will include the Jazz Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble, and Chorus. 3:30 will include the Band and Orchestra.
The Composition Clinic has also been moved to Saturday, January 6 from 5:00-6:30 at Bourne High School. This is all the same as before just moved a day later.
- Please review the Host Letter for important information regarding times and locations
- Remember that Medical Forms are required for all students participating in Senior Festival
- Tickets for the concert will be available for purchase throughout the day on Friday. On Saturday, tickets will only be available at the door.
- There are 2 Concerts on Saturday. Be sure you have the correct ticket for each concert.
- 1:00 – Jazz Band, Percussion Ensemble and Chorus
- 3:30 – Orchestra and Concert Band
- We are closely watching the weather for Thursday and Friday this week. We will post any information related to weather here on our website and on Facebook/Twitter. If anything changes due to weather, we may use Sunday as a snow day. Please let your students and parents know that this may be a possibility. Stay tuned…