This website is intended for the use of music teachers in Southeastern Mass communities. Students, parents, private teachers and other interested parties are welcome to use this site, however any questions you may have regarding SE District in your school should be directed to the appropriate music teacher.
In talking to our colleagues in Brockton their administration has decided to call off the Senior District Festival this weekend. I personally think this is a wise choice given the worries we all have to endure in this new crisis. 1/3 of my top choir was out with COVID today!
I/we are still committed to holding an in-person festival this year. If we don’t this tradition will easily fall by the wayside for many years. I wish we could give you a make-up date right now. Hopefully we’ll have that soon.
Thank you to Matt Cunningham, Micheal Smith and the rest of the Brockton staff for dreaming this together. Their incredible efforts can’t be overlooked.
Please visit the Senior Festival Information page to view the Senior Festival Host Letter. This contains important details and logistics for the Senior Festival at Brockton High School.
We are pleased to announce that Brockton High School will be hosting the 2022 Senior Music Festival in January. Please note the new times for this years festival:
- Friday 3pm – 8pm
- Saturday 9am start
- 3pm Saturday concert: Treble chorus, Mixed Chorus, and Jazz Ensemble
- 5pm Saturday concert: Concert Band and Orchestra
- 4-5pm Saturday Composition Clinic
- More details to follow in the host letter.
Due to the low registrations for the Junior Auditions on December 4th, your Executive Board has made changes to the process that you need to know. Although the District WILL hold an in-person Junior Festival in March, auditions will now be VIRTUAL. At this time two years ago we had 800 students registered. This year there are just over 250. There will not be in-person auditions on December 4th in Marshfield.
Here are some other details:
1. Registration for virtual auditions is now open until January 7th at midnight. With the extended deadline we hope you will encourage many more of your students to audition.
2. Details on how to submit audition materials will be posted on the SEMMEA website in early December but it will be much the same as last year.
3. As previously stated, there will be no sight reading.4. Wind, percussion and string students should prepare the first half of the audition piece (i.e. if a piece is two pages just prepare the first page). Choral auditions will be the entire piece.
This decision was not reached lightly and the Board considered many options before deciding to go to virtual auditions. If you have any questions please reach out to me (email@example.com) or John Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Best regards and wishing you a restful Thanksgiving!
Bill RichterSEMMEA District Chairperson
Thank you all for a tremendous return to Senior Festival Auditions. It was great to see all of your students again! Senior results are now posted in your registration portal.
Please note the the fee for participating in Senior festival has increased to $30. This is reflected on your Festival Principal’s Form
Have a great holiday!