***Junior Results are now available in the registration portal***
- All videos must be submitted by midnight on January 7, 2022
- Video Submission via Unlisted YouTube link or Shared Google Drive Link
- Required Piece
- 2 Major Scales and Chromatic (All Winds, Strings and Mallets)
- No Chromatic for Strings or Mallets
- Students must announce each scale before performing
- No Sight Reading
- PAYMENT – 1 single check, along with the Principal’s Form, should be mailed no later than January 14 to:
- Peter Glass, Treasurer
Southeastern District MMEA
260 Walnut Street
Bridgewater, MA 02324
- Peter Glass, Treasurer
Auditions Registration Portal – If you have previously registered a student, you will need to back to the registration portal and update each registration with a link to their audition video.
NOTE: Medical forms are no longer required to be submitted for participation in Festival. All medical information should be kept with the chaperone while on-site at the festival.
Registration will be open October 1 – January 7. No registrations will be accepted after January 7.
Scales and Sight-Reading
UPDATE: There will be NO SIGHT READING for any instrument for 2021.
All Students will be required to perform a sight-reading selection. Vocal Sight Reading: Vocal Sight-reading for 2021 is G Major. Will start and end on the tonic Will include the first 5 pitches of the diatonic scale (do, re, mi, fa, so) as they fit the range of the voice part Will be step wise motion Will include half, quarter and eighth note rhythms. Bass sight-reading is in bass clef
Winds/Strings/Percussion Scale Requirements:
- Click here for scale sheets
- Students are reminded that required scale ranges are only valued as 1 point on the adjudication forms.
- Trombone and baritone horn: The G scale will be accepted as 1 or 2 octave.
Percussion Requirements: **There is no multi-percussion requirement for 2021-2022
All Junior percussionists will be asked to demonstrate their playing ability on the following percussion instruments (Bass Drum, Cymbals, Triangle and Tambourine). They must prepare the “Junior Multi-Percussion Audition” selection.
- 9 stroke rolls alternating
- Single and double paradiddles
Jazz Solo Auditions:
- See Auditions Requirements List
- Students will NOT be required to perform solo with recording (minus soloist with rhythm section only).
- Improvisation is optional for Jr. Auditions.
- In addition to the written solo, students will comp changes from assigned solo.
- In addition to the listed performance solo, drummers should prepare to play in a funk style, a swing style, and a bossa nova style. These styles should be demonstrated in the format of four bars of time followed immediately by a four bar solo. These pieces should demonstrate technical and musical control of the drum set.
Jazz Sax/Brass/Rhythm Scales: Same as the band audition requirements.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Jazz students may audition for another ensemble, with the understanding that if they are accepted in two groups, the only group they may participate in is Jazz.
Vocal Tracks – “Cantate Domino (O Sing Ye To The Lord)”
UPDATE: Judges will be advised to only listen to the first half of the required piece for winds, percussion and strings. Vocal and Jazz will still be required to perform the entire piece.
Please note the “Required Scales” Column on the sheet below.