Alternate Audition Time Request – Please fill this out if one of your students needs an alternate audition time on the day of auditions.
Revised Adjudication Forms – This folder has all of the revised adjudication forms for the upcoming year (with changes indicated).
Auditions: November 23, 2019; King Philip HS – 201 Franklin Street, Wrentham, MA 02093
Online Registration: October 1-November 17
Late Registration ($15 + $20 Late fee): November 18 & 19
- Senior Audition Times
- Festival Medical Form – ONLY REQUIRED AT FESTIVAL, NOT AUDITIONS.
- Audition Registration Site
- Student Time Change Request
- Onsite Registration Principal’s Form
- Each School will be assigned a time that will be known by your group director.
- All requirements and regulations for auditions are listed on the District Web Site in the Handbook for directors to be printed out for students.
- The Audition Fee per audition will be $15. Checks should be made out to: Southeastern District – MMEA
- After that, a Late Fee of $20 will be assessed along with your $15 fee at the auditions site for a total of $35.
Scales and Sight-Reading
Vocal Sight Reading
- Vocal sight-reading is in the key of the piece whenever possible.
- Will start and end on the tonic
- Will include all pitches of the diatonic scale as they fit the range of the voice part
- Will include steps and intervals of a third
- Could include whole, half, quarter and eighth notes, including rests and dotted rhythms
- Bass sight-reading is in bass clef.
- Please visit the All-State page for scale information
- Minor Scales are not required. Vocalists will not have to perform scales.
Multi-Percussion Requirement (required for all percussionists):
- Students will be judged on not only on how they play the different percussion instruments (timpani will need to be tuned) at each station but also on how they count the beats or measures between each written part. Students should take note of the setup of the different stations suggested by the author and should bring sufficient copies of music for each station and the mallets needed to play at those stations. Triangle and tambourine are provided.
Snare Drum Rudiments
Students should bring their own drum and sticks.
- Moderately closed roll with dynamics (ff > pp and pp < ff)
- 5 and 9 stroke rolls alternating
- 7 stroke roll, left hand
- Flam accents #1 and #2
- Single and double paradiddles
- Triple ratamacue
Students should bring their own mallets.
- Single stroke roll with dynamics (ff > pp and pp < ff)
- Tuning timpani to required pitches
Required Audition Pieces
Vocal Tracks- April Is In My Mistress’ Face
All Files (*.ZIP) April Is In My Mistress Face